Technical Market Manager - Coatings Ref 169
Region: Kingwood, Texas
Technical Marketing Manager-Coatings
Location: Kingwood, TX
This is a customer focused position that works in close contact with both sales and marketing to service all of our Americas Coatings customers. The incumbent to this position is responsible for initiating and implementing all application technical work for the Americas and works with global industry teams to secure, support and develop our pigment business. In addition to growing the business in the established product lines and application areas, the position is expected to significantly contribute to the business development program through development of new application areas, assistance in developing new products and leadership in introducing new products to the market.
- Promote value added sales through providing application technical service.
- Maintain regular contact with key accounts and other industry accounts through visits to their locations.
- Maintain regular contact with industry associations and participate in industry association meetings.
- Provide information on technical trends and opportunities to marketing and international affiliates.
- Prepare and present technical papers and assist in developing marketing literature where needed as it relates to coatings
- Responsible for training of sales force and distributors in the area of coatings
- Initiate and direct application technical work, product development and transfer of technology in a cost effective, timely manner.
- Authorize and direct all coatings related technical work done in the Americas by support groups (lab and manufacturing trials).
- Ensure all activities are performed in line with marketing plan.
- Participate as a leader/ member of in domestic and international technical project teams.
- A minimum of a BS or BA in an allied scientific field with at least 5 years of associated technical experience, an advanced degree preferred (MS, PhD).
- Ability to perform many parallel complex scientific and managerial programs.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service through excellent interpersonal skills, technical skills, presentation and computer skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft office, specifically excel, power point and word. SAP and Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Ability to teach and train sales personnel and distributors in the science of applications technology and carbon black technology.
- Knowledge on pigment dispersion, process engineering, formulation and Color theory is a plus.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, and color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.