Project Manager Ref 170
Region: Kingwood, Texas
The Project Manager role is to scope, estimate, design, and execute capital projects from concept through startup. As Project Engineer, this person supports other Project Managers as OEC discipline lead engineer; as Project Manager, this person is responsible for all aspects of the project (e.g. scope/resource/schedule/financial), and for providing reports and updates to management relating to projects status, requests and approvals needed.
- Fulfill the duties and responsibilities as OEC lead in your engineering discipline/area, including providing technical expertise and direction in to other engineers and contract resources
- Create/adopt and maintain written OEC engineering equipment design and construction procedures and standards for use in all projects
- Manage projects as assigned to support the North America Region carbon black plants to achieve business goals:
- For each project, establish clear and definitive scope, schedule, budgetary requirements and work plan
- Prepare and submit Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) and communications such as project plans, status and activity reports
- Manage and facilitate/resolve scope/schedule/cost challenges
- Maintain project completions within ± 10% of the budget and as scheduled
- Manage assigned tasks with goal of zero safety or environmental incidents
- Organize project development, execution and completion documentation and ensure it is accessible at designated Engineering file-server locations
- Complete feasibility scopes and estimates as directed
- Support established procurement and contracting procedures, with coordination, expediting and field oversight for equipment and contract services
- Provide other engineering services and operations/plant support as directed
- BS Engineering degree with 8+ years of experience in chemical industry
- Ability to perform design, analysis and related technical tasks commensurate to and as demonstrated by award of an engineering degree in the respective discipline
- Ability to manage personnel, establish schedules, and project budgets.
- Ability to work with the Microsoft Suite of software and basic knowledge of AutoCad.
- Ability to use SAP purchasing system.
- Knowledge in Carbon Black manufacturing with five years’ industry experience
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.