Marketing Manager, Polymers Ref 173
Region: Kingwood, Texas
Marketing Manager- Polymers
Location: Kingwood, TX
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the market segment(s) designated under the position. The incumbent will ensure the continuance & expansion of Orion’s business in these markets. The key results will focus on market share growth, maintenance and maximizing profitability in line with the company’s global strategy and regional expectations. The individual will travel 60% of their time.
- Deliver the annual budget for volume & contribution margin for their market. Responsibilities while laying the foundation for future business development and growth.
- Develop & implement the strategy for the markets & sub markets for this business line segment. Design and execute short to midterm strategies to accomplish the company’s goals. This will include new initiatives in product and market development.
- Report KPI’s including monthly, quarterly & YTD figures for volume, margin, market share and customer performance, vs budget and prior years, opportunities in progress, lab work and other data as requested.
- Regional responsibility for product launch processes including the identification of target customers, preparation of pricing strategies, required promotion activities and coordination of all involved departments – production, sales, TMM’s.
- Control, compile & initiate content of promotional materials, website and other communication tools.
- Prioritize technical efforts by the Technical Market Managers and the lab.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Specialty Business Line for the Americas, the sales team, customer service, global marketing and key account teams to deliver the BL/PL goals.
- Work with supply chain to ensure delivery to our customer base by controlling our commitments and managing our multiple product offerings.
- Represent Orion in the market, at all levels, commercially and technically including: Customer visits, trade shows, conventions, seminars, etc.
- Monitor relevant trends and gather market intelligence.
- A 4-year college degree in a business, finance or a scientific field. An MBA is considered a strong plus. Minimally 5 years of experience in the chemical industry in a commercial role or in a support function. Work history in the polymer industry is a plus. The individual must have an understanding of the dynamics of the Americas markets Orion serves & the chemical industry. People management experience is a plus.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, and color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.